Saturday 2 February 2013

Maia Bergman

I came across Maia Bergman's designs two days ago when looking through my YouTube subscriptions. H&M uploaded a video of her explaining and showcasing her designs as the UK finalist of the H&M Design Award 2013. Hailing from Argentina, Bergman graduated from Central Saint Martins, London, last year. She describes herself as a feminine designer taking inspiration from the movie Clueless and setting the goal of having a wearable collection. 








I.am.in.love. Patterns in repetition along with a uniform structure make any of these pieces an ideal outfit for any girl's weekend. The beading is absolutely beautiful, delicate and flattering with the sheerness of the fabric used as the foundation to the pieces. Blues, yellows, greens and pinks remind me of the freshness of spring/summer. I also get a kind of mermaid feel from the line with the beads looking like fragile pebbles from under the sea. I adore anything mermaid-like so it's a massive thumbs up from me. Maia Bergman, I salute you!


Hasta pronto,


Ciara

(All photography from 1granary)

No comments:

Post a Comment